Pre-conference workshops are an additional cost. You can register for this workshop and other workshops when you register for the conference. Register online.
About the Workshop
Our goal is to make ideas real in the world.
But in order to get there, we have to work with people. Happy people, sad people, effective people, distracted people. Not to mention groups of people, who may or may not align in personality or with the culture of the larger organization — the very organization trying to turn those ideas into reality.
Different organizations and goals require different engagement experiences. By starting with an engagement’s core human interaction, the meeting, we will review models and practice collaborative exercises selected specifically to help you design the experience of working together on a project that has a beginning, a middle, and an end. And make sure all people involved have a great time doing it.
Specifically, we will cover techniques to help you…
- Maximize the value of the meetings you get to lead,
- Improve the meetings that are otherwise out of your control,
- Understand “the meetings between the meetings,”
- Explore the relationship between cognitive science, personality, and effective design activities,
- Add the word “storming” to any word, subtly increasing the coolness of that word,
- Use contextual inquiry to define organizational culture, then hack that culture, and finally
- Design and document engagements that are as compelling and enriching to the organization as the ideas and products they produce.